Retro sus. stem bikestore find

Rally_cat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I pulled into a little bikestore in the town I work in on my way home and was amazed at all the parts piled in the glass cases and on the walls behind. It was all very dusty. ( a good sign) I asked how much this was as the original sticker was $69.95 and it was new in package. He replied "clearance, twenty bucks". "Sounds good to me I said" haha. It's quite a technical little piece compared to my flexstems. Timeline of components dates this as 1996.

IMG_3541.jpg

I remember that it moved so much it was too weird and there was an awful top out.

GoldenEraMTB":1ehzt52h said:
Cool, what else did they have in this little store???

Next time take some spy shots ;)

Zoom stems, tioga t bones, some chain rings. I don't know really what make they are though, I thought they were blackspire until I noticed they didn't say blackspire anywhere. Only 'Island Rings' 'Made in Canada'. I bought them anyway, They're new but I don't know if they're old.

There was some late 90's shocks on the wall. I'm not very good at differentiating new from old except for the obvious items.

Does anyone want this stem?

Tioga t-bones... hmm, quite nice stem. Imho don't immediately be happy if they ask you a 3rd of the original asking. For them it is unsalable/written off stock if you didn't visit their shop.

Rally_cat":3tu1ketc said:
GoldenEraMTB":3tu1ketc said:
Cool, what else did they have in this little store???

Next time take some spy shots ;)

Zoom stems, tioga t bones, some chain rings. I don't know really what make they are though, I thought they were blackspire until I noticed they didn't say blackspire anywhere. Only 'Island Rings' 'Made in Canada'. I bought them anyway, They're new but I don't know if they're old.

There was some late 90's shocks on the wall. I'm not very good at differentiating new from old except for the obvious items.

Does anyone want this stem?

Thanks...the Tioga t-bone does sound nice.

Back