Idea to help streamline selling on this forum

tinkerer

Dirt Disciple
The debate about how to organise selling on the forum has got me thinking. One post per item may clog up the "for sale" section but it does allow buyers to see at a glance which posts they need to read to find whatever component they want to purchase.

In order to have the best of both worlds, how about having several "for sale" sections, each devoted to a major category of items (e.g., frames + forks, wheels, drivetrain, saddles, brakes, whole bikes, etc.)? This would allow sellers to continue to post single messages for single items and allow buyers quickly to zero in on what they are after. For example, if one was after a frame, one would simply go straight to the "Frames + forks for sale" section. There would inherently be fewer posts here than with a unified for sale section and so this would save wading through posts selling things that you are not interested in.

Does that make sense or have I gone completely gaa gaa?

There is something to be said, however, for the " jumble sale " lushness of diving into a pile of ads not knowing what you'll find.

Tinkerer -I do think thats quite a good idea.

You could have sections for:

Whole Bikes
Frames & Forks
Wheels
Components

As long as its kept SUPER SIMPLE then...it would work and keep things cleaner.

Not sure if others agree but this could work in my eyes.

jez-4-bikes-max":3dhd08x5 said:
As long as its kept SUPER SIMPLE then...it would work and keep things cleaner.

Nicely put Jez - simple and straight forward is always best.

Tinkere, great idea - happy medium found I think. Better than imposing rules, rules and more rules. Good thinking that Man!! :cool:

Latest posts

Back