Just want to say a big thanks...

csd_19

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
.... to my good mate John, who managed to persuade me to join him for some weekend punishment in the mud at Laggan. :D

ran out of time (and money ahem) to build up the full susser, so it was tackled on the CinderCone before it gets SingleSpeeded. Oh did I mention its a rigid??

Its the first time in around 9 years I've been offroad, and it was an absolute blast. Managed the Red and Red Upper routes, and only stacked it once! And even then it was only a washout. :oops:

I think that before we make a return journey some boingy forks are needed, even with an X-Lite Ti bar my wrists were buzzing at the bottom of the Red Upper run.

Absolutely ace weekend, some slightly drier weather next time would be nice! I can feel its re-ignited the mud-craving fire in the belly!! :twisted: ;)

That's funny.....I don't remember going anywhere over the weekend! I must be getting senile! :shock:

Oh! It's a different John! You had me worried there! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p

Never been to laggan yet, keep passing it on camping trips to aviemore but it's hard to explain we need to stop for a few hours with 3 kids in the car :). You'll need to join us on the next Macretro meet, nice to see more members further north.

The Ken":1m46pzu5 said:
Never been to laggan yet, keep passing it on camping trips to aviemore but it's hard to explain we need to stop for a few hours with 3 kids in the car :). You'll need to join us on the next Macretro meet, nice to see more members further north.

It was a really good weekend away, although I'm deffo taking at least a hardtail next time! Fully rigid was a bit mental. :LOL: The routes are great, long enough to keep you going but not so long you can't get a few decent laps of them all in. The boardwalk through the trees fairly makes you concentrate!

Depending on work a good Macretro meet sounds good, I'll give the ol' boys a shout too, see if they fancy coming oot to play....

Back