'Keeper' bikes - what and why

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Been talking with daj this morning about selling and/or keeping bikes, which lead me to mention the 2 in my shed that I'd never sell.

My RTS-2. I've had it from new, its enjoyed various different builds, but I have now got it 99% right for me. It'll never go.
rts_329.jpg

My Pennine roadbike. I have had it since '93, and I've done so many memorable races on it. Its been all over the UK with me. Now retired from racing, its on the TT. Probably worth peanuts, but its priceless to me.
dscf3202_145.jpg

So, what have you lot got that you will never sell, and why? Pics please!

My Proflex 855 - sentimental reasons - a frame I always lusted after.

My Orange X1 - the only frame I have ever bought new

Saracen Kili Flyer - having so much fun on it singlespeed, usually at Cannock

Possibly my Fuquay - but that depends on how it rides and I'll find that out this weekend ;)

My Explosif, just because I have had it since 1993 and I could not buy anything good with the money I would get for it. It is just my commuter, but does the job well.

main.php

Now has a different front wheel and a BB7 disc on the front.

My keeper is my Blizzard, currently a single speed. Bought the frame new in '95 and since then it's seen a whole bunch of parts come and go.

Keeper for the same reasons - we've grown old together and shared lots of adventures in different places... :D

Attachments

• BLIZ3.jpg
    BLIZ3.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,607
good thread .

I usually sell a bike before getting another one due to storage .

but I am now in a position where I dont want to sell any of them .
and with 5 frames waiting to be build ,I dont know which one might have to go . The colnago looks like to be first though .

Hmmm sadly I never kept any of my bikes first time round but I do think I could trace one that was pretty rare as I never saw another on the circuit at the time or advertised since a yellow Vario No limit and I remember the exact spec!!

But answer to the question, I wouldnt sell the Orange o2. Its what kicked it all off again and the force is strong in that little feller :cool:

I'm a hoarder, and keep everything, but think my road bike when replaced will go, specialized allez mass produced alloy thing, which whilst has been great theres no love.

I'll never get rid of my 93' Hei Hei - It was "the one" I wanted as a poor paperboy!

Will never sell my 94' Explosif - I've de-valued it by respraying it a nice pearl white but I dont care. It looks great & served me well for 4 races last year...altho the period correct forks were ditched after throwing a wobbly down fort william xc course whilst doin 10undertheBen :(

Back