Engines on bikes ?

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Is this really the way forward :shock: I have seen an increasing ammount of bikes with motors humming along . I mean would you :?: , its a bit object defeating isnt it :LOL:

Saw this on ebay.com (Item number: 7192682284) and he seems to have actual interest from buyers who want to take it into the hills :shock: , hopefully they will ditch the GAS ENGINE and keep that nice old mongoose underneath it all ➡️

Attachments

• cc_1_b.jpg
    cc_1_b.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 2,586
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Playing devil's advocate for a minute I guess they're more eco-friendly than a car.

Still looks like real heath robinson crap though. Just imagine getting your jeans caught in that second chain on the way to the chippy :shock: :shock:

In last month Velo Vert magazine they had a bike with an electric engine . The battery is located in the front wheel . Total weight of the bike is above 30 kg

I think I've heard of these before!

Aren't they called Motorbikes! :LOL:

Quite popular as well!

Fluff

I recall MBA reviewed some engine made by SACHS that fitted on near the rear drop out...not sure why tho'.

The concept of adding electric motors onto bikes to give folk that might not otherwise pedal everywhere is quite sound , but still evolving as battery sizes design etc. get sorted out. Adding 'infernal' combustion engines seems a bit dubious to me.

What you need if you do a lot of freeride is an engine which can be removed so it helps uphill

:) 1867

Attachments

• Michaux-Perreaux_steam_velocipède.jpg
    Michaux-Perreaux_steam_velocipède.jpg
    950.2 KB · Views: 275

Latest posts

Back