Show us your Orange X1's

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, so this whole idea seems to be a bit of a theme now, sorry. I have seen a couple and know there are plenty out there on this site.

I don't own one, but have a bit of a soft spot for them. I have built one almost from nos scratch parts for a mate, and since then my son fell in love with it and only wanted one of those as his first full size mtb. 2 weeks ago it arrived, he is a very happy bunny, and i am quite happy to have one in the stable even if it is not mine!

I will take some pic's of his this weekend, and my mates when I see him next, but if you already have some pic's of yours stick 'em here.

Also, if anyone is looking to swap their frame for a larger one let me know. he is so happy that he has one that he is overlooking the fact that it may actually be too big for him! If not he'll keep it, and I'm hoping he might make 6 foot :?

mine's frame only currently. Still want a pic? :LOL: Not looking at its best - but it's been used and used and used. It's still the only frame (or bike) that I have ever bought new. Cost £450 for the frame plus £220 for the shock from Leisure Lakes in Southport in June 1996...

Thinking of building up again, but full suspension out of favour with me at the moment. Sure I'll come back to it though. It's a size Large BTW.

Yeah still want pic's.

I'm intrigued by the different colour schemes that have been around for this too.

Powder blue front with a white rear
Chrome/Nickel front with a yellow/orange/black rear

I have various stock photos if you're interested - ones I've gleaned from Ebay and the like?

here we are

Attachments

• X1 baby blue.jpg
    X1 baby blue.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 3,458
  • Orange X1 again 1.jpg
    Orange X1 again 1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 3,458
  • Orange X1 yellow rear triangle.jpg
    Orange X1 yellow rear triangle.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 3,458
three X2's!

Attachments

• Orange X2 red.jpg
    Orange X2 red.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 3,453
  • Orange X2 again.jpg
    Orange X2 again.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 3,453
  • Orange X2.jpg
    Orange X2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 3,449
back to X1's

Attachments

• Orange X1 Red 2.jpg
    Orange X1 Red 2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 3,451
  • Orange X1 orange triangle.jpg
    Orange X1 orange triangle.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3,451
  • X1.jpg
    X1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 3,451
So, were these intended as full suspension for XC duties (like the RTS) or more for DH (like the LTS).

Just wondered ;)

Back