Fair weather bikes?

Do you have a bike you only take out when its dry and nice out?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No all of em get used whatever the weather and terrain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Come on fess up, and tell us your reasoning... ;)

Well summer has been and gone (apparently) and I've almost got my bike finished, bits of fine tuning only left to do.
DSCF4819.jpg

Possibly pub bike potential by some of you, but my modest Muddy fox has its original funky paint mostly shiny with few scratches. I have also managed to dig out some nice 'treasures' to fit to it, its all clean and as new as it could ever look is it so wrong i don't want it all cruddy and scratched/ruined, test riding it for the first time in XtremeZ conditions? :oops:
can I wat till next 'summer' though? is that really wrong?
its a classic, historical, irreplacable... :?

You'll be pleased to know that it has prompted the rehash of a wet weather assault retro bike which will be just the ticket. :cool: The Raleigh will be getting a few functional upgrades :idea: ;)
VansRus011.jpg

What about you's?

I'll take any out in any weather, but if it's really muddy I usually leave the Fat at home - just because single speed or disc brake make the other bikes preferable!

garage queen hq official memo:for internal release only:i come out in a rash if its even cloudy.....breaths hard and takes more tranqs.......arggggg dust on the frame nnoooooooooo!!!!!!!!.......ect.. :shock:

I think my RTS is becoming a fair weather bike after Mountain Mayhem........ :roll:

Modern disc-braked bikes for mud plugging and abusing, retro bikes for summer / fair weather chilled riding.

2 words - british weather

time to just stare at the bikes and remember the lovely sunny days, oh well heres to next summer

Back