al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi,

I have been a non Shimano buyer and rider for a number of years.

Yes its political, the fact that they make fishing equipment and one or two battles with bike companies over the years blah, blah, blah.

So for my newer bikes i have relied on SRAM to keep my drive train driving. So the news that Lance armstrong has invested several million dollars in the SRAM corporation has come as a blow!

I'm not a fan!! so i am running out of options.

Yes,i know i'm cutting off my nose to spite my face, but i just don't want to line Lances or Shimano's pockets.
So i am going to whittle my components out of wood found in my local woods.
It may not work as well but if you don't you'll never know.

Cheers,Al. :D

Hi,

Things are looking better already!

Every cloud, as they say.

Al. :D

With a set of thumbie adaptors you can run Campagnolo bar-end shifters, plus a Marchisio Campag adaptor onto some trick hubs.

Campag also make flat bar shifters, Vs and levers.

Oh no! not Suntour, they kill fluffy kittens and Campag use child labour!

Only joking! :LOL: its the other way round. :shock:

Al. ;)

I was exactly the same, not a single bike in 10 years wirh shimano on it (until I built the Manitou on a budget), but recently ran out of options and now have dura ace rear mech and bar end shifter/thumbies on my Seven and hate myself for it because it works sooooo well. I'd love to use the campag bar end shifters and mech but they don't seem to use the same mounting as Shimano so don't fit the Pauls or forge mounts. Apparently Paul was going to make some Campag ones but they never appeared :0(

That said, you could search out a Mavic or a Tiso mech or Jez's Proshift i the classified

Im trying to set up my Sunday queen using only non shimano parts
Its non political
Its just the way i am,i must have different from the norm
My family have some words to describe it [a pain in the arse for 1 :LOL: :LOL:]

Latest posts

Back