Did i just miss out on the zaskar bargain of the century?

richie-t

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm guessing someone on here probably picked it up. I seem to have a desire for a nice zaskar, a boyhood dream!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0262126440

Poorly listed to the point where i actually wasn't too convinced i was buying what i was hoping for!

I emailed the seller - what are the forks and gears - he merely replied 'cheap shimano ones'. He also thought it was a 19" - too big for me, but i didnt think GT did in between sizes, it would have been an 18 or 20 surely?

Size issues and the fact the seller listed it so badly got me thinking was this gonna be a re-badged lower model with an ALTUS groupset!

So did i just screw it?!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Anyway, you can find similar bargains on Zaskars. Mine is an original 1991 in very good cond. and a complete 91 xt gruppo and I paid 200 Euros for it, about 130 pounds. It had been listed once but it didn't sell for 250 bin....

thats pretty cheap, you did well.

i really want a ball burnished one if i'm honest, so guess i'll have to keep my eye out on one o those!

Just watch out for panteras with zaskar stickers, or go with ubrake versions (there are only ubrake zaskars in existence, methinks). BTW, ball burnished old bikes get quite dull... mine required quite a lot of work and it didn't even come too well...

novekili":3t768evp said:
Just watch out for panteras with zaskar stickers, or go with ubrake versions (there are only ubrake zaskars in existence, methinks). BTW, ball burnished old bikes get quite dull... mine required quite a lot of work and it didn't even come too well...

had a u-brake pantera.

So, what's the difference with Zaskar, apart from the type of alu used? I mean, how can you distinguish them?

I hold me hands up ... I have taken the chance for £91

Not overally convinced myself with the answers but he had three other bikes for sale and 100% feedback with promising remarks left about him. If its a proper obvious rip-off I will have a growl as the other bikes were not £100 halford specials so he must know bikes to some degree.

Latest posts

Back