Where do you people source all your stuff???? 

joemc99

Dirt Disciple
I am in the middle of doing up my DBR Axis TT, and I am nearly complete with full M900 XTR. However, I am finding it difficult to find perfect parts, without paying stupid money on ebay, (eg r mech new went for 280 dollars a couple weeks ago). Then all you buyos coming on with immaculate gear, rare parts (eg grafton)…….WHERE DO YOU GET THEM?

I know the for sale section here is great, and I have got most of my parts here, but then some guys come on with stuff that you just don’t expect to find anymore, eg, litespeed elevated!!!

I am getting hooked on this stuff again and I expect to do some more ‘projects’, so any hints would be great.

Car boot king... plus hours of avid ebay watching, keep any eye on it long enough you'll find a bargain, but it could take months (and that's if some other retro biker doesn't get there first!)

It's worth keeping an eye on cheap / knackered bikes if they have good spec, then just sell the frame on. I got a cannondale with maguras and good condition XTR for 63 quid! Sometimes the parts go unnoticed if the whole bike looks a bit shit.

my family and girlfriend like carboots/charity shops ( all book worms!! ) so I quite often I end up at one and i have NEVER seen anything at ever a carboot or a charity shop!! :cry:

Everytime I go I think ....this is it. ..its my day today!! ha.ha :oops:

there's a world famous auction round the corner from my shop. every thursday i have a wonder down to check if there's an old retro ride hiddem among the crap. so far i have seen a peugeot and a few old (but not very good) claude butlers. my time will come though, oh yes, my time will come

Bike jumbles and forum classifieds are the best place for bargains by far. Unless you get lucky at a boot sale, eBay etc

hairstream":3tovt4yv said:
What's a boot sale?

Where people buy car boots from ;)

It's a British thing, I think. Personally I don't like them, my car's got a boot, it'd look odd with 2 of them.......................

Back