Centerparcs

daveaasmith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm going next week to Whinfell Forest :cool: , and am desperate to take the Klein (as it'll be ready by tomorrow!), but daren't as it'll probably get either nicked :evil: or scratched :evil: by one of the thousands of rental Claud Butlers. I'll be taking the Elite instead......

How many of you folks ever get to Centerparcs???

daveaasmith":2bp52f5a said:
I'm going next week to Whinfell Forest :cool: , and am desperate to take the Klein (as it'll be ready by tomorrow!), but daren't as it'll probably get either nicked :evil: or scratched :evil: by one of the thousands of rental Claud Butlers. I'll be taking the Elite instead......

How many of you folks ever get to Centerparcs???

Fairly regularly - 2 to 3 times a year. And to Whinfell, too. I wouldn't worry about your Klein, take a lock, and you'd be fine when out and about, and when back at your lodge, you could keep it inside. What sort of accomodation are you staying in, 'cos they tend to be quite spacious.

I'm not saying that bikes never get nicked. But access in and out of the site is controlled, and cars are only really supposed to be on the site (as opposed to the car park) on arrving and departing days (Monday and Fridays).

I'm quite a regular (although not as regular as 2-3 times a year), and always keep my bike inside the villa, in the warm.

I'm more concerned that the Attitude doesn't, well, blend in much!!! Brill when I'm riding it, but not so brill when it's sat on it's own in a Claud Butler bike park, being shunted out of the way as all the Burley trailers are parked up.

I'm going to Longleat in a couple of weeks - taking pub bike (dale M800)as it is fairly inconspicuous and already has scratches :?

daveaasmith":f20tz6e4 said:
I'm quite a regular (although not as regular as 2-3 times a year), and always keep my bike inside the villa, in the warm.

I'm more concerned that the Attitude doesn't, well, blend in much!!! Brill when I'm riding it, but not so brill when it's sat on it's own in a Claud Butler bike park, being shunted out of the way as all the Burley trailers are parked up.

I've always thought of it as a sort of very bike-friendly place, though. I've seen plenty of retro-bikes when I've been, although nothing hugely notable. I must confess, theft or damage wouldn't be a particular concern for me, that said, my Apex has already dodged a bullet where that's concerned.

I've never actually taken my own bike, 'cos I always have a trailer for the ankle-biter(s), and you have to use their bikes with their trailers.

BTW, they used to all be Dawes bikes (MTBs at least) at Winfell, the newer ones are Mongoose.

My RC200 will be making its third trip in March

CentreParcs-Mar08-122.jpg

Never had any problems myself (Whinfell or Sherwood). Very bike friendly and no unsavoury characters in sight! Spotted a retro PACE last time I went to Whinfell, would have been a February half term 2 years ago. Was it yours Clunker?

Trevor.

I was at Whinfell Feb this year (the above photo was taken at the Farm), last year I was at Sherwood mate

Back