What CNC'd goody would you like to see available again?

Copey

Retro Guru
I just realized that I have been trawling 'the bay' and this site for a particular component that is proving elusive.. so got me thinking what I would like to see re-produced.. and in what color?

I am sure I am not the only one with this thought, so what's would you like to see back?

:D

I suppose there is little scope for CNC'ing bits now, but there are some nice CNC'd suspension links around. It has all got so complicated, shame you can't get CNC'd brake levers for hyd systems!

What's so good about CNC? Those CNC hubs werent as strong as drop-forged ones.

I have no idea, I am not an engineer :) All I remember is, BITD, CNC was usually code for cool and 3 DV ;)

Wierd, there is just something about a component that has been cut from a lump of metal, kinda like a wood or stone sculpture I suppose. Moulding or extruding is not the same IMO. Those water jet cutting machines are just sooooooo cool!

Copey":29howha6 said:
What's so good about CNC? Those CNC hubs werent as strong as drop-forged ones.

I have no idea, I am not an engineer :) All I remember is, BITD, CNC was usually code for cool and 3 DV ;)

CNC is just the 'cutting' process, not the material. CNC from aluminum stock was crap (Kooka). CNC from forged material was not (Race Face)
I'm generalizing here, but you get the idea.

Machine tech stems :cool: :cool: a green ahead would be nice

Back