Quite excited!

dirtydog

Old School Hero
To be collecting a stock GT Borrego, later today! :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_20201120_202402.jpg
    IMG_20201120_202402.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 607
Just needs matching tyres and off you go, until you change gear but hey ho... point down hill,, stick your feet in the air and shout weeeeeeeee as you roll down.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":1bvkhmkr said:
Nice, understated 24 speed groupset too

Lovely little Turner, should clean up nicely! Although I need a new rear mech, never seen one broke like this!

Attachments

• IMG_20201123_043133.jpg
    IMG_20201123_043133.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 462

dirtydog":pu24s0l6 said:
retrobikeguy":pu24s0l6 said:

Lovely little Turner, should clean up nicely! Although I need a new rear mech, never seen one broke like this!

Damn..... that took a real hit didn't it!

retrobikeguy":30xfv6kl said:
dirtydog":30xfv6kl said:
retrobikeguy":30xfv6kl said:

Damn..... that took a real hit didn't it!

Yeah, would appear so? Although thankfully there's no damage to the rest of the bike!

Re:

Nice find! I remember looking through the '93 Catalogue BITD and really wanted a Borrego, I always thought it looked particularly svelte with the dark green paint and Suntour Microdrive :cool:

Shame that mech is toasted though - to me it looks like a failure in the casting rather than it having taken a biff, but what do I know I guess... The only issue is that they aren't especially easy to find, there is a NOS one on Ebay at the moment, but £70+ quid seems like quite a hit for one of these. I guess you could also search for an XC Pro version as well, which would be a little upgrade.

Will look forward to seeing it cleaned up, maybe move this over to Readers MTB's perhaps, for a little more exposure :D

Yeah I'm really pleased to have found it! But I do know one thing, I won't be spending anywhere near that money for a rear mech! I'd sooner break it, than get ripped off! Over the past several months, I've managed to find this and a Richter for less than 100 quid! I'm afraid there's a lot of people out there taking the piss on parts prices!

I think you're right about the mech failure?

Latest posts

Back