All comments welcome ...... (RC200 content)

s_zigmond

Senior Retro Guru
I realise some of you will think its plane wrong but here is my RC200 running 700c Fixed.

Soon to be sporting a Brooks B17 saddle also.

As far as im concerned bikes should be ridden and this setup means it will be used on a daily basis all year round.

As mentioned before all comments welcome possitive and negative

:D :D :D :D

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,338
I love fixed wheels period.

I used to ride time trials on one wherever possible. So, if it means your bike gets ridden, go for it! :D

Anything Fixie is wrong in my book (concept seems insane outside of Velodromes and i don't know how it can safely work offroad :shock: )....nice Pace though chap ;)

I cant do fixed wheels :p

However the look of the 700c wheels on the pace frame isnt so bad. Ive some single speed disc drop outs for an RC200 so it might be worth a try at some point.

The fixed side scares me silly, but love the way the bike is still being used everyday. Thumbs up for that, and the fact it is white.

The fixed side of things is interesting. Stopping isnt the problem. The hard parts are starting as im running 44 * 16 so quite a hard gear, and when you forget to pedal when your doing a reasonable speed as it forces your legs round knackering your knees.

I think the best thing to compare it to is when you tell people you ride a bike with spd's. How many times have you been told you must be mad to ride on the road with your feet attached to your pedals? You soon get used to it though.

Although as you may have noticed i have got the get out of jail free card of a flip flop hub so have a freewheel for when my body just cant take any more (hope never to use it but the options there).

s_zigmond":sc3ue2t7 said:
as you may have noticed i have got the get out of jail free card of a flip flop hub

Good thinking Batman....didn't notice until you pointed it out...

Back