Rigid carbon fork for Clockwork - ideas?

toontra

Dirt Disciple
I'm looking for a carbon rigid fork for my early 90's Clockwork. Needs to have a 1' steerer. I've bought some Pace RC31's but they are 440 axle/crown so I assume they won't be right for the geometry - looks like I'll have to sell them on.

Will I be able to find anything with a 1" steerer that will be OK for my frame? I know Pace did 420mm a/c but will they still be too long? The original Clockwork forks are 395.

I reckon you'll struggle to find 395mm carbon forks with a 1" steerer (did they ever exist?).

Does an early 90s Clockwork not deserve RC30s or RC35/36s?

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like the shortest I'll be able to get are the Pace RC31's at 420mm. Has anyone tried this setup? Will the extra 25mm make any difference?

Sell your RC31s and get yourself a pair of RC30s. Its the only Pace fork you'll get in the right length. I doubt you'll get any carbon forks in 395mm.

Unless there is a particular reason you want a carbon rigid fork?

toontra":tbhx2x1r said:
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like the shortest I'll be able to get are the Pace RC31's at 420mm. Has anyone tried this setup? Will the extra 25mm make any difference?

I've tried both length pace. The 420 is still to long. :x

cherrybomb":2g6xny56 said:

Just the weight really, and the comfort that you get from a carbon or steel fork. I presume the RC30 is aluminium.

Just the weight really, and the comfort that you get from a carbon or steel fork. I presume the RC30 is aluminium.[/quote]

I found no comfort in the pace carbon/ti fork- stiff is the word :)

toontra":3dlk5bci said:
cherrybomb":3dlk5bci said:

Just the weight really, and the comfort that you get from a carbon or steel fork. I presume the RC30 is aluminium.

steel blades and aluminum crown.

carsten

Back