Where to get SKF bottom brackets in U.K. ?

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I’ve been looking for an SKF bottom bracket but there doesn’t seem to be any dealers selling in the U.K.
Anyone have any ideas?
I’ve heard they’re better than Phil Wood! Any experience anyone ?

Re:

Have you tried VeloSolo
not looked but they do decent ones. that could be Tange or similar though.

VeloOrange/Freshtripe is another to try.

BAS600?
Ask SjS cycles if they can get them.
Not seen them around for a while.

Re:

It’s SKF in particular

I have a Tange Seiki LN-7922 and quite impressed - feels as well made as a UN71/72 but lighter in weight.

I’ve heard SKF are the largest bearing making in the world and their bottom bracket is fully in house made in Germany and they’re so confident they have a 10 year warranty - I’ve heard say their square taper is the best square taper BB you can get - well I’ll let RBers judge this

They used to make bottom brackets for Sachs - and I’ve my eye on one on eBay
I’ll check those sellers you mentioned

Re:

But we’re talking high end here - no disrespect to the UN55 but it’s not a Phill Wood or Royce. SKF is around the same price bracket. Though I must admit the IRD looks and sounds very good - for a good price

The Tange LN7922 are very good in my opinion, I had one of the first IRD square taper ones which must have been made by Tange but it didn't last 6 months, the Un5* BB I replaced it with has been in that same bike for at least 6 years.

That doesn't help you I know.

Re:

SKF stopped making bottom brackets some time ago, or so i seem to remember. I last bought one about 5 years ago - still going strong- but from Germany, not the UK.
There's a shop in the US that still has them, last time I looked, about 2 years ago, that offers their own lifetime guarantee, but I can never remember who they are...

Back