help: ringle seat post clamp A & B halves > up side

obi-wan-mtb

Retrobike Rider
help: ringle seat post clamp A & B halves > up side

Just read the ringle seatpost installation guide and see you have to place the half moon units (marked A and B) in a particular order. They also are differently machined (one more hollow than the other).

Anyone know if it is save to put them on upside down? My half moon that is supposed to be placed on the post (drum B) is a little worn, the other half moon part is in perfect shape....

THANKS

ringle

thanks!

I thought so it should be working with no worries, at first I did not even see the halves were different...

now I wonder why Ringlé put this in their installation guide and even bothered about making two different sized drums?

Although "working" is maybe not a good description for Ringlé moby posts: They always seem to come loose if not tightened by a gorilla.
Or does someone have the ultimate tip to avoid tilting your saddle on these moby posts?

In all practicality it doesn't usually make much effect. I understood the beefier part was dowm' as it took all the weight.

Tightening:- carefully!
Make sue the serations are seated, a little wiggle as you tighten to make sure it seats, and then a little tap on the pin to make sure its happy where it is. . . and if you break a part, give me a call I have most spares.

If you have a worn cradle marcel, I'll send you another one with the headset bearing- when these darn collars finally arrive. . . . :roll:

And some more info. . .
Actually A and B are the same!!!
It was to make the instructions clear!
"place part A on the seat post and part B in the hasp. . ." etc,
seemed clearer than:
"take one half and put it here, and then take the other half that looks the same as the first half and put it there"
so now we know!

Back