Head, shoulders, knees or toes?

Boothy

Retro Guru
Morning,

This is my hybrid hack, a patchwork quilt of a bike I know but I rather like it. Built for cheap quality rather than looks, less than £130 to buy and build, cheap alternative to the Pace getting nicked. (Comments welcome)

Any way, the question being: I sometimes get a bad back riding, so I lowered the seat to alter my lean over angle. But now the knees get it. Should the leg be able to fully straighten on the down stroke?

Any advice on set up / geometry? (aside from reversing the effects of time so I grow younger)

it's 21inch (possibly a bit big), I'm 6ft.

Cheers.

Attachments

• canny.jpg
    canny.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 914
if it was set up as a mountain bike I'd say too big, but given it's more of a road setup, it should be ok, leg should be slightly bent at bottom of stroke.

thanks,

Yeah, it's definitely a road jobbie....

Don't tell me the stem has to go, I only just found it!

Higher stem, riser bar and you don't have to be able to fully stretch your legs! (in fact overstretching isn't very good for your joints..)
Good luck :D

With crank in line with seattube have your leg straight when the heal of your foot is on the pedal,this should put you somewhere near to correct leg extension with a little adjustment up or down.

Back