Frames for the taller gentleman

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Ok, so you perfectly proportioned riders look good on your just so 18"-19" frames. But are there frames out there for the taller gentleman that don't look like a five bar gate?

Well it's what you call a tall rider, I'm 1.96 and these are some of my rides...

Foto-8RQ7NPAH.jpg

Well, it's the biggest Klein but doesnt look that big I think....

Foto-AJIUZ3Z7.jpg

The Zaskar, or is it just that I like to ride small bikes (19"GT size)

Foto-HFINWLRG.jpg

My newest project, also 19" GT size...

Foto-Q3OH7EEZ.jpg

My modern XC Scott Scale......

Are do you mean 2 meter plus riders?

CHeers

I'm not super tall but have always been happier on a 20" frame with a horizontal top tube.

My hunch is that euro manufacturers persevered with non-compact frames after the rest went sloping, but that coud be wishful thinking.

But think positively - if you do spot a nice large frame colnago on ebay.it, or an outsize custom overburys then not many people will be bidding on it. ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
you're not going to like it, but.... Way Big Proflex 857 (21")

Attachments

• Red 857 way big (Medium).JPG
    Red 857 way big (Medium).JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,326
Quite retro, but not old and with apologies for the XL sized picture, but I always fancied this one for the taller gents: Singular Swift in XL
You know it makes sense ;)

2809148850_3cfdaa1a5f_b.jpg

Enjoy

I don't think my Mystery Ti is too gate-ish at 22"...

Attachments

• SP_A0372 (Medium).jpg
    SP_A0372 (Medium).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,318
But are there frames out there for the taller gentleman that don't look like a five bar gate?
and I assume you mean still in 26" flavour as opposed to 29"?

There's a lot of seatpost on show here....... :LOL:

I think 29ers make quite a lot of sense for taller gents.

Back