whats best old or new? a semi scientific test.

hoegaardenadds1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
1 off road loop

2 bikes, one retro one modern

which will be quickest? i.e. time wise.

(i understand there are millions of variants, but more of a discussion starter than a definitive result).

im guessing he means same rider, same conditions etc?

If it was downhill it would be modern by miles!!

daj":3kzu1d7z said:
im guessing he means same rider, same conditions etc?

If it was downhill it would be modern by miles!!

downhill on a purpose built jump track yes I agree, but just a wild trail would the gap be so big?

Rider on old bike would be finished by the time the rider on modern bike had finished tweaking adjustable suspension gubbins to suit trail :?

Im quicker on my 'modern' round my local loop than I am on either of my retro bikes - I would put it down to better brakes (equals more confidence to push) and suspension at the front (so faster on the rocky down bits). the retro is faster on the road and smooth uphills though...

Recently rode my Proflex Animal 97 offroad for about 3hrs alongside my cousin on his smart modern LaPierre full suspension and he was slightly faster but mainly as he is a bit fitter. The bikes themselves seemed pretty evenly matched.

Bah, who cares.

Which would be more fun ;)

- Smooth plush ride with no feeling for the course.
vs
- Every thing felt and you knew exactly what you had ridden.

OR

Put a 'modern rider' on a retro bike and a 'retro original rider' on a retro bike would leave them for dust
:LOL:

My opinion, if it was a real race then modern bikes would be faster, all things being equal. Else what is the point in them
:?

Back