Brooks - Leather Ring Grips

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone using these?

is it any good?

I have a Brooks Swift Ti i would like to use and might want to combine them with the Brooks grips.

Attachments

• brooks08grips.jpg
    brooks08grips.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 858
They are BIG! If you like thin grips or have small hands then avoid! They are beautifully made grips, they matched my saddle beautifully but after 2 rides my hands ached so they had to go. If you're a big fella or want them for a pootle bike then you'll be fine.

Was just thinking the looked pretty fat.

Given my fave grip is a skinny ruffian, will pass on these

They are big, heavy, rough and expensive.

:(

Go with some of the 'brown' lock-ons or maybe do the old Tim Gould (or was it ... Baker?) thing and build up a few layers of bar tape - Charge faux leather is good stuff!).

OK, so they use waste leather (free) three spokes (few pence) and couple of aluminium parts (more pence, but say couple of quid).

Even allowing for some tooling/assembly time/packaging - they are on a winner for >£40 pair

Actual thinking about it, normal grips are extortionate too for how much material/tooling costs are.
:roll: :D

yo-eddy":3avghamp said:
I like 'm..... and hey Bas, you're not such an avid biker are you? ;)

you are right there ! ;)
and if they are fat,..that would be fine becuase that's where they are going ,.on my FAT!

i think i will buy them just to see how they look and feel,..i do not use the bike so i guess i won't be bothered by the size

Back