soft pace rc36evos

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
mine feel quite soft and wondered if theres any way of stiffening them up,more oil????? really havent played with pace forks post elastomer rc35s so aint gotta clue lol.any help,advise really welcome :D

you can swap the springs out for stiffer ones. (I need to do that with a pair of mine actually)

Not actually tried it yet myself, but I understand it isnt too tricky...that said, I will probably ship mine to Justbackdated to service at the same time.

Its worth having a chat with him, he should be able to supply the springs, and he will certainly be able to top notch service your fork.

He took a pair of very scruffy 36's I found on the bay and made them virtually like new for me.... he is a pace god!

Justbackdated is the man for this job I've had the spring uprated in my RC36 cos i'm a bit porky these days, made the world of difference Once I lose weight and get fit again I'll swap the old spring back in.

Yeah, Tim is your man ;)

There's 3 springs you can get:

Yellow - Soft
Red - Medium (average 12 stone rider)
Blue - Hard

There's also a damping cartridge inside some forks that you can change oil density in too.

Thanx for the nice words you fellows!
The only way to harden up the 98 Evo forks is to put one or two harder springs in[blue hard springs now very thin on the ground]. Thicker oil will only make them slower to react and more oil will risk blowing the cartridge.
Pace forks will always feel "softer" than most other manufacturers forks cos they were designed that way; you should only need to stiffen them up if you are constantly bottoming them out on an average ride. :D

they do,could you please pm me a price to service and stiffen them up.then when im back of my holiday ill get um sorted :D cheers

Back