Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mavic's MTB Groupset

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rich

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd poll this one...so what do you think...for me I loved the chunky Micky Mouse look of Campagnolo Euclid's groupset, I appreciated the functionality of Suntour's XC Pro's greaseguard and it's light weight and drooled after Shimano's release of the 1992 (?) Shimmano XTR groupset...

What did you (do you) like?

Best Groupset

What about the second incarnation of Deore XT ? The 6-speed groupset that introduced SIS, SLR, biopace and U-brakes. It also came with those unforgettable four finger brake levers with rubber covers.

I don't think there's ever been such a dramatic jump in groupset performance since, with such a massive range of new technology. Not all the innovations have stood the test of time, but it ought to be in the list ! The only thing I can compare it to is when Dura-Ace introduced STI for road bikes.

Terry...

I had to vote for XTR as it really was special when it came out .

it was above the rest , and killed Suntour and Campa .

Oh, sorry to repeat the theme - saw the title and no XTII? That would be mine. Have always missed those lovely black and gold boxes. And Hyperglide, most modern MTBers don't realise how crappy changes were before those little ramps were put on the cogs.

M900 wowed me back in '92 and I still consider it to be the best looking kit that Shimano have ever produced.

900 for me too, I just wish I could have afforded it back then.. That chainset.. OOOoooooo :oops:

M900 indeed still looks good. The blue finish on the derailleur. The sti set looked really good too.
And still when I see a bike with the M900 group, you know, that was (is) an expensive bike.
And if I see a M960 equipped bike, I don't know, but I just hasn't the wow-expensive look.
I have a GT LTS, almost all M952 XTR, but it just doesn't feel like I have the Shimano top group.
I rides very good, but I mean the emotional feeling.
Or am I saying something weird now??

LTS Biker":3huw2soh said:
Or am I saying something weird now??

No idea what you're on about, you're talking all weird..

[we all know what you're on about, and we're with you ]
;)

Can't believe Xc Pro got a vote- shifting was pure pig-misery: never could get the indexing right.....
Still ride my Fr / RR XTR derailleurs now (not just for show).
Had a Canadian friend rode semi-pro for Marin in Japan- tricked out with XTR: man he used to laugh every time I slipped a gear on a monster climb....<g>

Latest posts

Back