The Positives To Come From Covid-19

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, so its been a while since I interacted on these fabulous pages, but sadly sometimes you have to 'Self Isolate' and 'Socially Distant' yourselves when life changes in so many ways. I wont dwell on the last two year but in a nutshell I left the Royal Air Force in March 2018, after 30 years service, I bowed out gracefully into civvy street, however it left a massive hole in my life as it was the job I had been doing since aged 17. Fortunately I went straight into employment and for the last two years I have been supporting Military Veterans and Serving Military Personnel suffering with PTSD. Basically I went from fixing Planes, Bullets, Bombs and Guns to Fixing People pretty much overnight. Add into that moving house (into our own and not military accommodation) sadly losing family members to illness, losing our Horse (Sadly collapsed and died whilst galloping along the beach at Holkham with my wife riding him) all of which had a massive effect on my own mental health and cycling mojo. Despite my skills at helping others through traumatic events I struggled to deal with my own. Fast forward to the here and now and Covid-19 and I suddenly found myself working from home. Not only did it give me time to reflect on things it also spurred me on to get my cycling mojo back in gear. More daylight hours meant I could get my Man Cave in order and dust down my collection, but going stir crazy at a laptop day in day out also prompted me to get out a bike and pedal off into the countryside and explore parts right on my doorstep I didn't know existed. So as you can see something good has come out of this lockdown, well for me anyway. My mental health has improved, my fitness levels are slowly getting better, and I am getting out on my bikes which took me years to build, source and complete. Here are a few pics of the last weeks rides. (Apologies admin for the newish bike that appears)

Stay Safe and hopefully catch up with a few of you once the dust settles and 'Normality' what ever that may be resumes :D

Jussa
(Military Veteran, Self Isolating & Social Distancing Since March 2018 - Present Day)

Attachments

• Diamond Back Axis XT.jpg
    Diamond Back Axis XT.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 552
  • Kona Cindercone.jpg
    Kona Cindercone.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 552
  • Voodoo Canzo.jpg
    Voodoo Canzo.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 553
  • Orange C16R.jpg
    Orange C16R.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 553
  • Orange X-1.jpg
    Orange X-1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 554
Re:

Welcome back Jussa,
Nice write up you done there, pleased to see you finding life a bit more manageable now.
Great bikes you have, hope you find your cycling mojo & start enjoying it... :cool:
Cheers
G.

Re:

Well done mate. Sort of very similar and yet quite different circumstances myself, and finding the same as you. If it wasn't for all the worrying about friends and family, this social isolation would be my idea of paradise right now! Might be causing mental health issues for many, but it's certainly helped enormously with mine. Or it could just be that I am incredibly grumpy and antisocial anyway :LOL: :LOL:

Good luck with it all, and keep riding :cool:

Although different circumstances I'm sure most people are now finding the time to enjoy the bikes they have built up over time.

There is always a positive in every situation you just need to find it.

Enjoy today, and enjoy your bikes.

Stay safe everyone. :)

Soooo nice to see your back :D

That X1 is still box fresh and remains one of my favourite bike you own along with the Kirk ..... but on such a nice day I don't want to upset LGF by speaking of the magnesium one :LOL:

didn't know you too had Rond Quakes with Pace style rear brakes, the colour match on the Cindercone is remarkable

Mine are my "Go to" Scott that I use a lot although on a hilly club run with Gloucester City and running 1 inch slicks the Magura's were f***ing lethal on the descents leaving skid marks not just on the road :facepalm:

and YES that Raleigh is locked up with Handcuffs (and he ain't a Copper) :shock:

Attachments

• Scott Endorphin on club run 5.jpg
    Scott Endorphin on club run 5.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 478
Aye lad - great to see. You got to look after yourself so you can help others. Our service men & women, serving & retired deserve all the support they can get. (Forces Brat - RAF)

Re:

Less time spent working, more time spent with family, more time for bike riding & building, quiet roads, can't say I can complain about any of that! it's just a shame the reason for it is a virus which is causing a lot of deaths :(
EX-Forces myself, so I can fully appreciate the work you do Jussa and glad people like you are making a difference.
As for social isolation, I got quite used to having a hostile environment outside my "front door" so I'm still quite used to being in "lockdown", only this time the food is much better, and there is still beer! :LOL:

Retro Spud":3dhzqvjt said:
Soooo nice to see your back :D

That X1 is still box fresh and remains one of my favourite bike you own along with the Kirk ..... but on such a nice day I don't want to upset LGF by speaking of the magnesium one :LOL:

didn't know you too had Rond Quakes with Pace style rear brakes, the colour match on the Cindercone is remarkable

Mine are my "Go to" Scott that I use a lot although on a hilly club run with Gloucester City and running 1 inch slicks the Magura's were f***ing lethal on the descents leaving skid marks not just on the road :facepalm:

and YES that Raleigh is locked up with Handcuffs (and he ain't a Copper) :shock:

Nuff said about the Hand Cuffs #kinky !!! Yes its good to be back, finally getting my mojo back and looking at tackling another build as well as getting out on my steeds now they are all serviced and running sweet. I'm loving the Ronds on my Kona, lovely forks and with the Maggies its such a slick set-up.

Latest posts

Back