I've won.....Brilliant!

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Now I've a matching pair of these hubs...

these hubs,

...do I need Suntour-specific cassette, mechs and shifters or will these lush hubs take Shimano?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Congrats :D

You will need a specific cassette. Little cog locks everything.

i have some lovely thumbies for you if ya interested by suntour ....just gaze at my for sale thingie.

Also be sure you have MD or conventional, as I thought their cassettes do differ too.

If you've got an MD hub you can use an 8-speed cassette on the 7-speed hub by removing one of the cogs, they're held on with little pins that easily knock out. The 12 and 11 tooth cogs are joined and the 12 is threaded on to the freehub to hold the cassette on.

If you've got a standard cassette I think you'll need to find a standard 12 tooth (without the attached 11 tooth) – that said I'm fairly sure 8-speed was only available in MD.

Hope this helps. On the plus side, the cassettes do seem to last a good long while.

Back