Ok - next project...The Offroad Toad

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Ive decided the next unicorn bike to get my hands on. Baring in mind I havent actually seen one in the flesh, let alone seeon one for sale Im sure this will be a toughy.

I remember a whole load of gubbins in magazines about this Canadian beauty and the only thing I have that fits this retro build is a pair of control tech bar ends that I remember being on the review bike MB Action had at the time.

Anyone with scans available?

if anyone wants to know: this was a handbuilt steel Canadian Kona/Rocky M type framset which featured a cartoon Frog on it. You can see where the appeal lies know I guess.... :D

The ones I have seen in pics are either red, black or indeed in a fetching "Toad" green.

The project begins....

I have some old MBA's with the adverts in them, only small pictures though.......most came with Accu Trax forks so you may have two items for the build :D

Stu

jez-2-many-bikes":1c33payq said:
Ive decided the next unicorn bike to get my hands on. Baring in mind I havent actually seen one in the flesh, let alone seeon one for sale Im sure this will be a toughy.

I remember a whole load of gubbins in magazines about this Canadian beauty and the only thing I have that fits this retro build is a pair of control tech bar ends that I remember being on the review bike MB Action had at the time.

Anyone with scans available?

if anyone wants to know: this was a handbuilt steel Canadian Kona/Rocky M type framset which featured a cartoon Frog on it. You can see where the appeal lies know I guess.... :D

The ones I have seen in pics are either red, black or indeed in a fetching "Toad" green.

The project begins....

Uhmmm...... Yes!

Offroad Toad, MBA May94
toad1C.jpg

That is one very nice bike! C :cool: l project

am sure you've already looked

but check out the extensive thread on mtbr's retro forum - it includes the magazine review you mentioned and some great pics of other toads, looks to be a few in europe...

My friend in Vancouver rode one for years. I will e-mail him to see what ever happened to it.

cool :cool:

Nice idea!

Guy in the pic has got JT shades too - I had a pair of those with the little barrel adjuster tilt.
Sh te :cry: They were no gold Iridium Razor blades :D

Back