storage - where do we keep our bikes?

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
right then, where do you lot keep your bikes then? I live in a one bedroom flat which is in the basement of a big old house in the city centre and my 4 bikes live in the flat at the mo. I have an out-house under the steps that goes up to the main house and I was thinking I could keep my bikes in there but it's not exactly secure. Is there something I could screw into the wall to lock my bikes to or am I better off keeping them indoors?

i live in an old tenement flat, and after having one bike stolen, which was secured in the communal stairway by junkies (promptly taken back about 2 weeks later) i now keep my 'Dale and my girls bike in the spare room, along with the ironing board and laundry!
You could buy a ground anchor (bolted to floor) or just concrete a loop of re-bar to the floor, then lock up to that , aint going nowhere!! ;)

GC

Kona Paul":2vgy90py said:
Mine all hang on the wall like this...

Think they must be a danish thing.

I have 2 of my bikes hanging off those brackets too. Will be putting more up on them at a later date too when we've finished doing the cellar up.

Oh and though you can't really see it, I screw an L bend bracket in to support the front wheel so the bike's front end doesn't slide down. The front tire just rests on that.

Could be...I bought them from my LBS, and that's how all the bikes hang in the shop. What do you limey's use in the bike shops?

I'll take some pics later, have 3 in a cupboard and 3 in a room upstairs, one in the garage with another going in the garage soon.......which frees up a space in the house :eek: :eek: :twisted:

got a ground anchor in the well bolted up shed,but if am riding a lot then i just leave them in the house.

Back