• silver XTR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • red CK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kona Paul

Kona Fan
The 92 Explosif is finished. Rides like a dream. Weighs in at just over 10 kg. And it's fast! Silver Thomson seatpost on the way (and have an "old"..late 90's.. WTB saddle waiting), as well as a red CK headset (though I might stick with the xtr.) Tires will be changed, and might get an old low rise Kona bar from my friend. Other than that, I think it's pretty much how I want it. Comments welcome, good and bad, though I already know most of your thought on the bars ;) No flats for me, thank you, and no 130mm stem either.

Attachments

• explosif 010.jpg
    explosif 010.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,254
  • explosif 011.jpg
    explosif 011.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,254
  • explosif 009.jpg
    explosif 009.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,254
it's mine...all mine! :twisted:

:D

Sorry for the somewhat shoddy photos. Will post some proper ones from outside in the sun when the last details are done.

I like it :cool: skinny tubes and big tyres always work. Judicious use of ano too, not too much not too little :D

Ah thank you Kaiser :D I didn't want to go over the top with red, but the mix of silver and red seemed tasteful on a black bike. I can't see how to make a poll, but I'd like to get some opinions on keeping the silver xtr headset or using a red CK. Both would like nice and work beautifully, but I can't quite seem to decide. Leaning a bit toward the red, hoping it won't upset the balance.

Just voted for the red CK. A touch more red in an appropriate place to finish this beauty off. Nice build :D

It appears I'm the first to vote, and I voted red CK.

But I'd recommend reducing the all red chainset somehow, e.g. swap the red chainrings for silver/black or some satin ones matching the stem/post.

Nice build, now go ride it!!

Back