DAN/ED

dongward

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Saw these goofy cranks online and wondered what they were all about... after a few seconds googlin' I found a whole bike - a belt drive from 1995. Not much more information outside of the mbr forum thread I read but super intrigued as to the fairly modern look of this mid 90's machine...

Attachments

• DAN_ED.jpg
    DAN_ED.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 711
  • danedrside.jpg
    danedrside.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 711
danson67":1wyk91zy said:
Dan Sodomsky and Ed Shannon...Belt drive + CNC + Suspension pioneers: http://mombatbicycles.com/MOMBAT/BikeHi ... an-Ed.html

All the best,

There was an MBR thread with a guy who had one of these bikes but it never got around to talking about how it rode other than the drivetrain worked pretty well... I'd love it if someone on RB owned one and could chip in/provide more pics... Unfortunately the links to pictures of the 2 bikes MOMBAT have aren't working.

dongward":2qwifqcs said:
Unfortunately the links to pictures of the 2 bikes MOMBAT have aren't working.

That's because most items from the MOMBAT collection has been sold then pretty unceromoniously stripped and flipped, and many photos removed from the website accordingly.

If you use the 'waybackmachine' you can find pics still active. :)

One more little fact. I paid $500 deposit on a custom build and never got it. I was shipped some random bike parts as partial refund but it was a major, major drag.

sorry for the link to the German classic bike forum, but one user bought 2020 a nice Dan / Ed, this was earlier at a collector in Sweden (If I'm not mistaken also known here)
and there is quite a bit of background

Back