My 2 pet MTB hates in 1 ride

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I was out on Saturday having a fantastic ride, the sun was shining, the air was warm, the ground was dry and as the wife and kids were out I had as long as I wanted to play! :cool:

So, optimum riding conditions to have a bloody good session :D

I was flying, big ring most of the route, hammering my newly found singletrack, loving it!

Then disaster (well, mini disaster). An hour and a half in and I punctured. Now I hate punctures at the best of time, but to add insult to injury it turns out that I had ridden through a 2 piles of steaming dog mess :shock: Not impressed :x

So there I was, sweating like a barsteward changing my tube trying hard not to breath in the toxic fumes of fresh dog sh1t or get any of it on me!

So, I pull the thorn out, patch the tube, check the tyre and reinflate. 10 mins down the trail and its flat again.

Arse.

I’m fed up now. I was on for a big ride today, but am truly fed up. I cant face changing the tube with 2 steaming piles of dog sh1t on my tyre, so I pump it up, ride for 5mins, pump it up, ride for 5, pump it up the half hour home :roll:

So, wash the bike and retire for the day :roll:

Dog mess and punctures in 1 ride……my 2 pet hates.

How to ruin potentially the best riding day of the year so far :x

Come on, how much of the dog shit went on you :oops:

Totally agree with the shit thing, my worst bit about riding along with 4x4 loonies that plough nice trails up

Not keen on horses and ramblers either, but at least horse crap isn't as bad and hopefully the ramblers wait until they reach a suitable bog
Or do they :(

Huntso":1crk1951 said:
Come on, how much of the dog shit went on you :oops:
Totally agree with the shit thing, my worst bit about riding along with 4x4 loonies that plough nice trails up
Not keen on horses and ramblers either, but at least horse crap isn't as bad and hopefully the ramblers wait until they reach a suitable bog
Or do they :(

Its the smell of dog sh1t that I cant stand :x Didnt get any on me, but more by luck than judgement :roll:

Horses I dont mind, but I cant stand dogs that arent on leads......bloody ankle biters!

Huntso":2yqdboad said:
my worst bit about riding along with 4x4 loonies that plough nice trails up

We're not all loonies ya know. :D I've got to say I've seen more trails torn up by horses than 4x4s. No one should be riding / using trails if they're damaged or too muddy 'cos all that will happen is everyone will loose the use of them. :cry:

My pet hate...............different user groups fighting amongst ourselves and not sticking together to defend our rights..........but dog shit comes a close second! ;)

Back