M-trax help

m-trax

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Seen a few posts on here about M-Trax, so I signed up in the hope someone may be able to help.

Back in the mid 90's I was a serious MTB'r and I had a M-Trax. I loved that bike until some ***** stole it. The new aluminium frame replacement has just never been the same.

I have been looking on and off ebay for a few years to see if I can find the same M-Trax I had but I have never seen it.

Would anyone be able to help me with which model it was as I don't remember.

I think I purchased it in 95, and it was last years model in the sale so it was probably 94.

The bike was a titanium, chromoly mix. It had a titanium sticker along the top tube. It was black and had like metal flecks in the paintwork. It cost about £900 at the time. It had solid forks. I have been trying to dig out a picture of it but not found one yet.

I may be wrong but I think it had a dia-compe aheadset and deore lx derailleurs. The brake levels had a really nice foam grippy thing on them too.

I remember I got a card with a picture of the person who made the bike. That was pretty cool :cool:

I had a M-Trax 3000 (I think?) that sounds very much like that.
Rigid forks, 21 speed LX combined brake/shifters, LX cantis,mechs and hubs.

Sold it on Ebay about 5 years ago for 105 quid and to be honest wasn't that sorry to see it go.

Back