Retro race team?

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Well... Should we start one or what?

Once a month or so, we meet up at an XC race somewhere in the UK and thrash our retro rides about the countryside, showing the 'full-sus, disc brake' generation how to shred old school style :)

Whatd'ya reckon?

It would be a good excuse to get some retrobike cycling jerseys made up if nothing else.

The Gorrick.com series in the south had a 'retro' race at one of their events last year. Only two people entered the catagory, it was only one lap. The other guy was an expert, so I am afraid I did not win.

Maybe a retro team could race one of the gorrick events this year? I'm in, anyone else interested? :roll:

The first race in october 8th and the next one in november. 5 races from January next year and an enduro event. www.gorrick.com for details...

Gorrick always puts on a great event with very good courses.

I will try and do one on my old klein, it gets pretty interesting trying to race that old thing!

cheeky swine ...

I am signed up and raring to go .. would be honored to represent 'Retrobike Racers' ..

So, anyone got any ideas about design etc

If you need a representative in Sydney, I'm yer man.. :?

Otherwise, sounds like an awesome idea.. I'm back in March 07 for three weeks, then back in November 07 for good.. Would be great to be a Team Member :D

Bugger, my bluff has been called! Best get my entry in, then.

Dr Kestonian is pretty keen on doing at least one in the series (probably March)

Kingroon, the last Monsterman race is March 10th. It's a great bike course - really twisty bits and something like 7 laps to make up the 12 miles which makes for some fun overtaking. Don't be shy!

How was the race in Austria fella ??

Is Dr Kestonian the other half ? or are you referring to yourself in the third party ...

Back