Which steel Saracen frame is this? **UPDATE: new photos**

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
d0f0_1.JPG

mid 90s that as no canti noodle thingy on the seattube so v brake era.also the dropouts look rather spesh instead of normal ones imho.looks nice :D

Iwasgoodonce":eu3v3rev said:
No canti bridge. Post E-Stay period. Top tube cables. 96/97?

I thought the pierced seatube stopped around 94? I could be totally wrong though :oops:

Hmmm.. The canti thing is a good point so I guess '96 is a good guess. Look like ritchey dropouts so possibly one of the Kili family from around the time? Worth a punt I reckon, they generally go cheap :cool:

That's an odd one. The pierced top tube suggests no later than mid nineties, but the lack of cable hanger suggests later :? Maybe it's been removed?

It looks a lot like my old Killi frame with the Ritchey dropouts but it's a big frame by the looks. Very nice bit of kit though. :cool:

OK it's in my grubby mitts now :D would love to know what it is. Some nice cues: Ritchey dropouts, interesting cable guides, curved end cap to (flattened) top tube with stylised Saracen 'S' stamped into it. Weighs approx 2.3kg for a 21" frame (quite light). Externally butted base to seat tube. 73mm BB shell. Curved seat stays.

Attachments

• SP_A0474.jpg
    SP_A0474.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,555
  • SP_A0476.jpg
    SP_A0476.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,555
  • SP_A0477.jpg
    SP_A0477.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,555
Back