saving a cannondale silkcity from the skip. hell yeah!

zetecmk2

Senior Retro Guru
hello people in my computer, about a month ago i bought...by mistake....a cannondale hybrid silk path. i asked for info on here as it was a backroads labelled frame. through retrobike and google, i found out that "backroads" was in fact a cycling holiday company. they used cannondale silkroad and silkpath bikes, ordered directly from cannondale,with their company name on the downtube. i thought it was an f series cad2 frame as nothing to scale it against in the listing pics. yep, i now accidentally owned a 700c wheeled hybrid! it only needed tyres so i got the cheapest tyres from evans, and took it to london and rode the thames path. it was really comfortable.....but a big! 2 weeks later, on ebay, i saw a listing for a bike that was heavily corroded. fit for the skip, but had front and rear magura's. it was local so i put in a silly offer....and he accepted. i now owned a silkcity. same as a silk path, but with lugs on the frame for a chain guard and a dynamo!!! and some strange bike lock that was fixed to the seat stays.....strange! but it was my size.

as you can clearly see....it was beyond help....but what the hell, there's nothing on tv! so i started seeing how bad it really was.scraping off the paint and stuff

i hit it with 60 grit working my way down to 1200, not really expecting anything to survive. i was pleasantly surprised.

Re:

Top job! Finished frame looks great considering what you started with. Looks a good ride, hope you enjoy riding it. :D

Good job, nice bicycle ...

tenor.gif

Back