Manitou 3 torque settings?

ti_pin_man

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'll sapping a crown and steerer shortly and for the world cant read the torque settings to connect the crown to the stanchions. the online manuals sort of look like they say 50-73 or something but can somebody confirm? Don't want to over nip these and break them.

maybe old age has caught me up. :shock:

Not a clue, at a guess I'd say 5-7nm (same as most stems) with a blob of threadlock, mine I just did up by hand/guess... guessing they only need to be tight enough to not allow slippage.

I was the same, 2 sets of M3 and am EFC, plus the rear end, only ever did them up hand tight. (Had they even invented torque wrenchs back then, seems we never needed them back in the day, but now you'd think you can't even do up your valve caps without one!)

Re:

Just had a rummage through my old folder of bike info, found the Manitou manual that came with the new M3 forks I bought waaay too long ago.

Crown pinch bolts 50-70 inch-lbs, 56-78 N-cm

Arch mounting screw 90-110 inch-lbs, 10-12 N-m

Brake post 90-110 inch-lbs, 10-12 N-m

Compression rod screw 10-30 inch-lbs, 11.7-35.3 N-cm
(bottom of leg)

Note the difference in that the arch screws and brake posts are N-m and the crown pinch bolts and compression rod screws are N-cm

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":3t1mcr91 said:
Just had a rummage through my old folder of bike info, found the Manitou manual that came with the new M3 forks I bought waaay too long ago.

Crown pinch bolts 50-70 inch-lbs, 56-78 N-cm

Arch mounting screw 90-110 inch-lbs, 10-12 N-m

Brake post 90-110 inch-lbs, 10-12 N-m

Compression rod screw 10-30 inch-lbs, 11.7-35.3 N-cm
(bottom of leg)

Note the difference in that the arch screws and brake posts are N-m and the crown pinch bolts and compression rod screws are N-cm

You sir are a star! Muchos gratious.

Latest posts

Back