When to consider selling thru lack of use?

scant

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
As most of you will know I split my bikes down into retro wall hangers, (probably never ridden) & modern riders, (which are ridden a lot!)

My FAT chance titanium which i'd always considered a rider, (m950 xtr & fox forx arent retro! ;) was only ridden 4times in 4years!
I used to commute everyday, tho since I now work from home I ridden the commuter twice since april.

so the question is, at what point, IE rides per time duration is it time to sell?
twice in 4months & I'm considering sellin the old commuter

Depends also on how hard it would be to buy it back should you need to.
I have one bike I ride maybe once a year because it suits particular place I ride abut once a year :LOL: But I know I'd make a heavy loss if I sold it and had to buy it back so at the moment it stays.

I think there are more factors to take into account , like sentimental value ( ok nor for a commuter ) , need for a hack bike to go to shops , lack of space .

cchris2lou":1u35xtam said:
I think there are more factors to take into account , like sentimental value ( ok nor for a commuter ) , need for a hack bike to go to shops , lack of space .

the lack of space is becoming a growing concern :LOL:

Think its more about sentimental to keep bikes wich you dont ride that much. Had some Kleins bought last year wich I allways wanted but never rode those. At last I found a really pretty one and all the other bikes had to go.

So if you got the space and the money left I think keep it, if you dont have it because sentimental value consider selling it but think about it you possibly may regret even when selling it with great profit. I speak for myself selling a superb Zaskar LE half a year ago with 300% profit but now.... :cry:

And even when Its a commuter it can have sentimental value...:)

So yes it will be a difficult decission.

Cheers

I've just broken down the Zaskar and sold off its parts because I rode it just once in 12 months and that was at Mayhem this year. I'm keeping the frame because thats the 'heart' of the bike.

I may build it up again in the future in a totally different way, but for me to have a bike sat about not being ridden for a year was just wasteful.

thanks for the thoughts guys.
i got it v.cheap
i currently dont have a use for it
i dont need the money
i'm running low on space

if there comes a point where I need the £ or space i'll happily sell, but for the moment i'll keep it... it WOULD be annoying to need another in a few months & have to pay loads for 1!
:LOL:

Martin":exu2mk62 said:
And even when Its a commuter it can have sentimental value...:)

Some of my favourites have been my commuters. Which have coincidentally been steel.

Latest posts

Back