Marzocchi Red colour

Supratada

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone know an actual paint code or RAL equivalent for the Marzocchi red colour?
I've googly'd extensively but can't seem to find anything better than "Its Fiat Swift Red"

That email's locked out actually.They only "receive" from known associates. I've tried the UK suppliers instead, but I've left it quite late as it's off to the sprayer's tomorrow, or today at this hour.

Supratada":1h1eg074 said:
Does anyone know an actual paint code or RAL equivalent for the Marzocchi red colour?
I've googly'd extensively but can't seem to find anything better than "Its Fiat Swift Red"

I found Swift Red (GM/General Motors Swift Red) color code #c32532, in the RGB color model #c32532 is comprised of 76.47% red, 14.51% green and 19.61% blue.
It looks to me close to Marzochci red color. Maybe a bit darker shade to this code.
Do you think this can match what you`re looking for?

Re:

There are a lot of firms like this http://www.cromadex.com/ around, they will scan the paint and match it almost 100% perfect, you may have to have 6 cans done, but I'm sure you wouldn't have an issue moving on what you don't need.

How about asking “Dr Marzocchi” aka; kraeMit on this forum?

PeachyPM":1cd54cvj said:
How about asking “Dr Marzocchi” aka; kraeMit on this forum?

That would not help, sorry ;-)
I realy don't know. Most of the forks from the forks of my interest (90's) had been anodised, not painted red.
There is only one red 'painted accident': some of the green DH3's had been painted red but I guess this is not of interest.

Well, I'm going to give painting them in the Swift Red a go. They been vapour blasted but as I understand it Mg alloy goes black when polished, and I don't want to strip out the bearings for powder coating so painting it shall be. They're never going to be really used in anger and probably replaced the moment I get a whiff of an inverted fork for sale.

Latest posts

Back