help uploading photos!!

sm500

Retro Guru
Well think the time is coming am thinking of moving on my 91 black cannondale SM500. its black an white is in the 91 catalogue. Has the pink lettering. Its running xt rear xt front an xt cranks, would need to cheque serial no. SLR brakes with xt shifters. would somebody be able to up load some pics for me? will try an get some done over the wknd. many thanks

As long as the pics are on your PC you can upload them from there. When you make your post just use the "Add an Attachment" button at the bottom and then browse for them.

:)

I use xp powertoys resizer to resize pics on my computer
Free to download and its automatically added to your right click mouse button
Try it

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Down ... rtoys.mspx

XP Powertoys from above, simple to use, reduce to 600 or800 width as needed, that makes people like me on laptops with 1024x768 resolution happy, any larger really make it a pain to use this site.

Else there are many other programs and I guess a FAQ should be made at some point with different options.

MS Paint is ok
Paint.net ( www.getpaint.net ) is free, excellent to crop, then resize then compress to ~80% the JPG image on save
Picasa (from google picasa.google.com ) is also free and easy to use, also good for ordering online print and webalbums.

Plenty of programs

But basics are
CROP (i.e. select the area you want to use)
RESIZE (make the picture small enough to fit on screen)
SAVE (save the file, often given the choice of compression, 70 to 80% JPG is good for quality against not being able to upload it here).

Back