Threadlock

Crell

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Threadlock isn't what you'd call best practice. Buy a torque wench instead and so long as you torque the bolts correctly you'll never have a need for these.

Crell":eeanahli said:
Aren't they complimentary (as the owner of a torque wrench)?

No as it acts as a lubricant until it sets (so you get a false torque), then when its set you get another false torque. I used it as a 'belts and braces' type thing in motocross but things kept vibrating loose, then some old school boys showed me the error of my ways. Never had anything come loose since.

sinnett177":2d28pcar said:
Crell":2d28pcar said:
Aren't they complimentary (as the owner of a torque wrench)?

No as it acts as a lubricant until it sets (so you get a false torque), then when its set you get another false torque. I used it as a 'belts and braces' type thing in motocross but things kept vibrating loose, then some old school boys showed me the error of my ways. Never had anything come loose since.

I was going for the same belts and braces approach. Does antisieze act in the same way then (I assume so)?

Crell":2r3j6jdk said:
I was going for the same belts and braces approach. Does antisieze act in the same way then (I assume so)?

I guess it does. I do use this on steel frames for things like aluminium water bottle bolts etc, just in case they corrode. though.

Back