• don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Got me a flexstem today (many thanks for the super fast delivery clockwork davo ) and I am over the moon.

I have attached piccies- before and after and whilst the bike looks less pretty, the stem is the right lenght and the bars have a bit of a rise now which is much better for an old duffer like me. Combined with the added comfort the stem provides over the rough stuff, I would say I can live with the less sleek looks and lets face it slightly more weighty clockwork I now have.

Now I freely admit that I have come late in the game with regards this new fangled concept some people call "suspension", but after a quick ride tonight, I would have to say I am quite impressed.

So question to you all......

"flexstem........ shit or shinola?"

slightly more bouncy clockworkgazz

Attachments

• flexstem (Large).jpg
    flexstem (Large).jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,324
  • orange2 (Large).jpg
    orange2 (Large).jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,324
Not sure of the terminolgy, but I always liked the things. There was one downhill race (Rhondda Park?) that didn't class the stem as suspension because it suspended the rider and not the bike. A fine race that never made it past the year some guy badly mangled himself and the Land Rover ambulance coudn't reach him!

I think it looks quite cool :cool:
They are heavy though aren't they? Never owned one myself but a few riding buddies had them BITD. Deffo a thumbs up for the Flexstem look from here :D

yeah pretty heavy but in my case that is not too bad as I always felt the front end of the clockwork was a bit flighty on steep climbs, so that may help a bit :?:

good point, if it balances it out on the steep stuff :)
+ still gotta be lighter than a suss fork and takes the worst off the rough stuff all good if you ask me :)
Your Clockwork looks awesome btw :D :D :D

I kinda like them but never used one :(

Having said that, would be tempted by the one piece ti bar and stem combo..mmmm :cool:

i love mine, got it new old stock a while back for my clockwork, had one bitd though aswel, liked it then too. :D :cool: your bike looks great by the way! :D :cool:

Noooooooo nooooooooo nooooooooooooo your having a laugh int ya. Barends on risers, someone get my gun. :LOL:

Back