Who told me these babys wouldn't work! YOUR ALL WRONG !!!

delboy009

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
These are bloody fabulous ! Not only do they work well, they look the nuts !! If only they came in purple !! Theres a nice purple Chill Pill in there too just out of shot !!

Attachments

• klein fork.jpg
    klein fork.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,549
Ha ha .. Well spotted Scant !!

I had a second set which are still boxed and are up for grabs on Ebay !! They were meant for that Storm I was going to have from Zee German who decided not to let me have it! Bah....

Well spotted that man !!

:!: they did make them in purple, but bloody hard to come by :!:

once found some red ones but they were cracked :(

On the ones I had The part that says ONZA when you braked hard would spin on the post so pads would come out of alignment.......But they do look Trick

storm klein... NICE :D

if you really want them in purple, its a hassle, but it can be done. custom anodnisers could do it. theres a thread on STW a while back about some1 doing it. also a company on southerndownhill forum (yes I do get around ;)
any brass bushings would need to be removed. I had a silver part I wanted black re-coloured. After you've caustic soda'd to get the black off I'd advise getting them highly polished as it definately affects the finish.

retroking#1":sx3yqavu said:
On the ones I had The part that says ONZA when you braked hard would spin on the post so pads would come out of alignment.......But they do look Trick

use some blue thread lock on the post before you cinch em down tight.

Scant I like my brakes....... to stop.... thread lock..... a bodge.... on the real early ones they created the post and holder you could also get some with longer arms/posts ;)

I agree delboy009, these brakes do work bloody well! Got a bit of toe-in and Aztec pads and they work like a tree in the spokes!

I also have the serrated posts, with long posts up front..

Attachments

• ho_ho_ho_ho.jpg
    ho_ho_ho_ho.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,496
  • long_ho.jpg
    long_ho.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,494
Back