Keeping Deore STi lever but replacing brake lever

Falkster

Devout Dirtbag
I’m trying to get upto speed on 20+ years absence and I’m trying to find parts before I start my build. I always planned on replacing my brake levers with SS5s and at the time was going to put my old XT thumb shifters on but times and tastes change. I’m either going to keep the Deore DX STi or find something similar but either way I’ll need a bracket for the gear lever.
I’ve found a post which shows exactly the set up I want - any ideas what they are called?

It’s a members ride - hope he doesn’t mind me pinching his photo.

http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/Bombe ... 9.jpg.html

Re:

They're XTR M900 shifter on X-Lite mounts.
You DX lever will need a different mount iirc.

A better method (and better shifting probably) would be to look for some Alivio/STX 7speed shifters.
They are a few years newer (to quite a bit newer, but still the second). Work better, still retro and come with mounts. Try MC37 MC40 in the search.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":kb0f5qin said:
They're XTR M900 shifter on X-Lite mounts.
You DX lever will need a different mount iirc.

A better method (and better shifting probably) would be to look for some Alivio/STX 7speed shifters.
They are a few years newer (to quite a bit newer, but still the second). Work better, still retro and come with mounts. Try MC37 MC40 in the search.

Brilliant - thanks, I’ll have a look

I’ll stick some pics up in the morning of the xt thumb shifters I have that I’ve used Stx I think pods to mount them on

Re: shifter pods

This allows u to use different brake levers maguras etc

Attachments

• 3624E01F-932E-49ED-8822-CD86CC933C0E.jpeg
    3624E01F-932E-49ED-8822-CD86CC933C0E.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 484
Re: shifters

The original shifters were same as these prob get a set for £10 on eBay ,just remove the bar mount and swap it over with ur own ones.

Attachments

• E20E1BC2-4485-4AFC-9039-42CE0D03C1EA.jpeg
    E20E1BC2-4485-4AFC-9039-42CE0D03C1EA.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 471
Back