al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So anyways, I got to thinking...
I know, dangerous in itself, although this time it wasn't about cake.

I'm not one for groupsets, in fact I've never owned a bike with a complete groupset, it just bores me if I'm honest. No, I'm one for mix 'n' match components, and usually go for parts that 'flow' or just look correct for the bike they hang on, or maybe just because they appeal in some way.

The question is this, just how many nations parts would it be possible to get on one bike, without the need for mismatched rims, wheels etc.. ?

I'll leave that with you, I'm off to count bike bits.

al.

''around the world
around the world
around the world
around the world
around the world''
and so on...

didn't one of the mag's have an article on the same BITD? I remember a mtb with complete Mavic. Which was very tasty even for a non-grouper like me. As for now. You could make a mtb up with one countries parts. German carbon is very expensive but easy to find.

Tin Tin I think you’ve missed the point it’s mix and match not all beige

This could be well interesting, rather like limiting your weeks shopping to “the worlds food isle” in Tesco

How far are you prepared to go and are you staying with known brands like or Hope / Sachs / Continental / Vredenstein / (take your pick from Italy / Japan and China) I.e stick a pin in the map and pick a component.

Or is it ball bearings from Romainia - brake cables from Loas and tyres from Indonesia and inner tubes from Burma - assembled with the aid of Snake oil from Madagascar

All whilst drinking tea from around the Asia Ceylon/India/China etc and eating Welsh cakes or Dundee Marmalade Cake

Looking forward to build..... but what’s your starting point - surely the frame has to be odder than even your normal

Is it a Bamboo bike ?

tintin40":8jn6pfwn said:
didn't one of the mag's have an article on the same BITD? I remember a mtb with complete Mavic. Which was very tasty even for a non-grouper like me. As for now. You could make a mtb up with one countries parts. German carbon is very expensive but easy to find.

Yes just like that, although the complete opposite.

al. :D

Japan - easy
UK - easy
Italy - easy
US - easy

Hmmm... are you talking supplied or manufactured... a lot of 'UK' stuff was made in the east.

My_Teenage_Self":2r1ulvb0 said:
Japan - easy
UK - easy
Italy - easy
US - easy

Hmmm... are you talking supplied or manufactured... a lot of 'UK' stuff was made in the east.

Yeah it's easy to get 6 or 7, just be nice to see how far this can be pushed. Much of the UK stuff is built in the far east, and that's not really my thing. I'm talking countries of origin and manufacture.

Saying that, China, Taiwan, Japan are an easy 3!

al.

Back