Scott unishock brake reach issue

Disco Drive

Senior Retro Guru
Went to hook up the front mountain lx brake today and they were well inboard before the pads were anywhere near the rim!? I have got Sun Mistral aero rims which are around 20mm wide.
Any suggestions for a comparable brake that will reach?

Re:

I have Scott Pederson canti's on my carbon unishocks and no problem with the reach. I may have a black set going spare somewhere but not sure if I have front's or rears's. If interested let me know and I'll have a rummage.

You’ll likely only have one set as Pederson brakes as they only work on the rear - and are normal canti’s on the front (unless you have a Pace fork with the brakes behind the legs)

Spud

Retro Spud":o1nyu5jf said:
You’ll likely only have one set as Pederson brakes as they only work on the rear - and are normal canti’s on the front (unless you have a Pace fork with the brakes behind the legs)

Spud

They did make fronts too...... just suntour only made rears

IMG-20180903-185221.jpg

Re:

There are fronts and rear's, I have a white set on the Super evolution and they do differ . Rear's have a hex type bolt on the end. I have found the black brakes and they are front's. Am off out for the afternoon but will post pics up tonight when I get home

Fair play I’ve learnt something already this year, and your right mine are Suntour - Perdersons

Disco Drive":p3o2r7hy said:
Went to hook up the front mountain lx brake today and they were well inboard before the pads were anywhere near the rim!? I have got Sun Mistral aero rims which are around 20mm wide.
Any suggestions for a comparable brake that will reach?
a picture of what's gone wrong might be good as well! Might be a simple fix.

Re:

45836954054_84c00728f8_c.jpg

I've stripped, cleaned and checked them. All present and correct and working. PM me if interested

Re:

They are a properly narrow rim. You'll need the pads ALL the way out on their studs.

Back