Rock Shox Help please

bjellys

Retro Guru
Hi I have just repainted and am now rebuilding a rock shox the only problem I have is which way round a rubber component goes as it was in the lower tubes tipped at 90 degrees so I don't know if it is pointed end down or up. I think it is pointed end down.the other thing is what Rock Shox is it?

Attachments

• rock shox complete.jpg
    rock shox complete.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 244
  • bung.jpg
    bung.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 244
  • rock shox1.jpg
    rock shox1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 244
Right, I think this is 1998 Rock Shox Indy, not sure whether C or XC variant. However, I`ve made recently the same restoration of Indy XC from 1997 (one year earlier), but didn`t have such rubbers. Anyway, I think the orientation is correct (I would do the same). Hope it helps.
How did you repaint the legs? Powder coating or respraying?

cbb":3dq0thnf said:
Right, I think this is 1998 Rock Shox Indy, not sure whether C or XC variant. However, I`ve made recently the same restoration of Indy XC from 1997 (one year earlier), but didn`t have such rubbers. Anyway, I think the orientation is correct (I would do the same). Hope it helps.
How did you repaint the legs? Powder coating or respraying?

Thanks for the reply I did check a pdf of the parts and the rubber piece I was concerned about was a bump stop so I'm ok with that now .

As for repainting the the legs I sanded down the damaged areas (with an electric multitool ) and feathered the edges until they were smooth then gave them a coat of gripper from an aerosol then 5 or 6 coats of high build primer , dry flatted next day with 320 grit production paper then sprayed white . The finish you see has come straight from the can.I bought the three cans from my local automotive paint supplies all top coat colours can be done in aerosol form.
I must say I did spray painting for many years but I think it's not rocket science you just move the can as if it was a brush.

Back