YoWhaty?

phaty

Dirt Disciple
Hello everybody!

Well what can I say - I did it anyway.
I have way too much respect for Chris Chance - and his work back then - to even try to connect this new bike to something he build back then.
That is why it is called YoPhaty ... :) I am famous for being humble ...

Problem is there wasn't too much evolution in bike design in the last 18 years to impress me.
Those who know me (boy that is a long time ago as well) know it is pretty useless trying to start a discussion about things like personal taste.
The sucker looks much better in person to begin with. Some parts didn't make it in time for Eurobike, but we had to make it look like a bike anyway.
I will post again when it is done the way it was meant. I wonder if this thread will end up in the Off-Topic-Forum!

Enjoy! ... or not!

2829180560_b4f00e8cbf.jpg

Big Picture

2828342723_6b9b7cc0ba.jpg

Big Picture

2832869758_e3590b7b06.jpg

Big Picture

The fork was made by Ingleheart

2832877756_95a84d6833.jpg

Big Picture

2817942829_ae31371cd0.jpg

2817941975_8464bbe145.jpg

Big Picture

More pics

where the hell have you been?

oh, awesome build, imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Apperently.

theboy":3f3nzhg1 said:
where the hell have you been?

I did hide in my cave as I got tired talking about bikes and not riding them.
Those days are over ...
I still think Classic Retro Collectors (the Germans that is) are complete nutcases, but I never said different in the past anyway.

The paintjob was "done" or at least the color was mixed by the last remaining Fat City employee at IF ... so the story goes.
The color is slightly darker as the original - I would think!
Really hard to capture it in pictures.
I was not able to ride it yet. The last time I saw it three days ago at Eurobike therer were not pedals and the seatpost shim was made out of a beer can ...
I know God will punish me for riding Carbon rims in a bike like that but they are so sweet it is hard to believe. I never thought I would hear me saying that ... !

I hope more people start to get their bikes build with a non-suspension-corrected geometry. All those rigid fork bikes look so ugly in ourdays!

Hi,

Is this your new personal bike? ...or is it a kind of demo?

very nice

Elev12k":enxxwl71 said:
Hi,
Is this your new personal bike? ...or is it a kind of demo?

Oh my VERY personal bike that is ... !
The first one that gave me goose bumps for like ... ever? yes ...
Fat Chance Titanium did that and the first A.R.C. (all grey no dart) ...

Elev12k":149kg7ql said:
phaty":149kg7ql said:
I hope more people start to get their bikes build with a non-suspension-corrected geometry.

that sounds like a signalement of forummember yo-eddy's bike :) His bike is on here on the site => http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ght=groovy

See great things happen all the time without people even knowing of each other ... !
Amazing bike!

by the way for those LSD-Color-Lovers tune showed some Rohloff Shifters @ Eurobike - available in 8 colors!

The wheels are something like 1600 grams ... very cool as I weight 133000 grams myself. If that thing survives me it can survive anyone ...

Latest posts

Back