Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I guess most people on here count themselves as collectors to some degree and as such we're in a way all hoarders really. That said it's all relative, some people pretty much never sell anything. Others will sell when needs must - to fund a new project perhaps. The final group buy and sell regularly, they'll spend months hunting down that elusive frame or part only to sell it on a few weeks later when the novelty has worn off.

So, which are you ?

Hoarder
Having finished the Bont, I looked in the "Bonty Part Box" last night and have three mechs, gold Kooka brake levers, some 986 cantis, two Ringle cages, Salsa QRs, CrossMax QRs and fours stems of various makes and configs..* AND THAT'S AFTER THE FIRST BUILD :shock:

There is no hope..

Last night, I was sat with a Salsa stem in my lap.. :oops:

* And that doesn't count the stuff that is filling up my Parents' place in the UK bought from Jez2ManyBikes!

sell when I must. Don't like too, but sometimes it needs to be done for one reason or another.

HOARDER

and as the sticker on my toolbox says ...................

SELL MY BIKE , I`D RATHER SHOVE WASPS UP MY ARSE

SLIM":1qebor8h said:
HOARDER

and as the sticker on my toolbox says ...................

SELL MY BIKE , I`D RATHER SHOVE WASPS UP MY ARSE

:shock:

Crikey, just sprayed tea over the pc :LOL:

I hoard.

Then after a while I look around and think "this is getting out of control, somethings gotta go."

Which is what I'm doing right now.

Doubtless after my purge I'll start amassing more of the stuff again and it'll probably end up bigger than before, but hey, I'm trying to keep it under control....

I tend to go through stages of buying lots of bits.......never get round to selling the unused bits though :oops:

I've now managed to find some more spangly stuff but I'm running out of frames to hang it all on now.....gives me the reason to buy another frame I guess.....a 16 inch Dave Yates Diablo frame would be ideal :D

Stu

I buy if I see a bargain and re sell to fund new projects before i use . If I use a part I usually keep it .

stevek":1kt4095n said:
I hoard.

Then after a while I look around and think "this is getting out of control, somethings gotta go."

Which is what I'm doing right now.

I hear what you're saying. Will be doing the same very soon having done a 'Jezza' by buying two frames in one day.....

Back