Timeline of 1990's Hope hubs...?

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've searched online and I can only find vague information on the timeline of 90s hope, hubs specifically. I'd like a timeline year by year of hope titanium hubs, starting from the very first hub, and titanium hubs, listing the year of release of all the variations and changes. This should help identify and date variations of hub

Okay so we have..
*Edit

-1991 to accommodate the hope disk brake first seen in 1989, hope released their first 6 bolt disk specific hub with sealed cartridge bearings. Although it doesn't use the same 6 bolt pattern we are familiar with today
-1992 hope release their First 'no name' front hub. It has a skinny titanium core tube. The flanges are chunkier than later versions, but this would evolve into the later superlight hub
-1992 first ti glide hub with ti cassette carrier nds bearing exposed. 'hope' lettering on the logo is in italic font
-1993 splined version ti glide for lighter disk hub
-1993 titanium rear hub with screw on freewheel
-1993 flip off quick release launched, with 'hope' cnc'd into the levers
-1994 Hope suspension is launched, still using the grub screw design
-1994 Hope ultralight
-Late 1994 change from grub screw type to o ring cups on all hubs, no exposed bearings on front hubs
-Late 1994/1995 first fatso hub
-1994/1995 hope big 'un hub is launched
-1995 the logo sticker on the hub changes slightly. The 'hope' lettering is now in a straight Arial black style font, and the 'technology' lettering now has a thin black box surrounding
-1996 ti glide has an extra bulge to strengthen against cracking problems of the earlier versions
-1998 sees another decal change, this time is an oval shaped hope logo often in black and green
-2000 sees the next generation of hubs, thus discontinuing the titanium hubs. The last new variation launched in 1999

Please help me fill in any gaps I've missed..?

Sean

Re: Timeline of hope titanium hubs...?

:LOL: did you not read the links above!?

The Ti Glide was launched in '92, well, according to Hope that is :)

mark

... Ti Glide disc hub (splined version) launched in '93

mark

Hi,

Here's the 1994 suspension front hub: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... C.jpg.html

I think there were 3 different logo designs on the Hope hubs through the 1990s:

1. Narrow 'HOPE' lettering in italic, with a black line underneath and 'TECHNOLOGY LTD' in smaller lettering UNDER the line. This is early 90s, up to around 1995/6.

2. Wide 'HOPE' letting in non-italic, with a much thicker black line under it and 'TECHNOLOGY LTD' INSIDE the line. This is mid 90s, around 1995/6 to 1998/9.

**These are approx years and it could even be that logo style 2 didn't appear until as late as 97. If any one can say for sure I'd like to know know because I'm going to be looking for some Hopes for a 1996 Kona build**

3. The first oval logo (green sticker, not laser) must have appeared in around 1998/9. I have an old issue of Dirt magazine from Sept 1997 with a Hope factory feature and the hubs in those pics had the number 2 style logo on them. A May 1999 issue has several bike shop adverts displaying the green oval logo.

As a side note, the first Hope skewer appeared in the News & New Stuff section of MBUK in October 1996. They were same as the ones in the pic below.

Attachments

• 5662075410_1abe5a19bd_z.jpg
    5662075410_1abe5a19bd_z.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,254
  • Tech-Support-Hubs-Ti-Glide.jpg
    Tech-Support-Hubs-Ti-Glide.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,253
  • Hope-quick-release-skewers-QR-front-and-rear.jpg
    Hope-quick-release-skewers-QR-front-and-rear.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,255
Back