XTR M900 cranks question

Miles

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

Grateful for any advice. I have bought a set of xtr m900 cranks but need to buy rings and chainring bolts.

Anybody got any advice as to what rings and what bolts? I have no idea what size the bolts should be although cranks are 110/74 bcd but that's the diameter presumably the lengths can be different?

Sorry for what is doubtless a silly question!

Kind regards

Re:

You should just need fairly standard dual ring bolts for the outer and middle, and again,fairly standard granny ring bolts. Iirc, m900 doesn't require spacers for the granny ring bolts either.

Plenty of options on eBay and the like. I've probably got some in my spares stash (used).

There’s a few NOS M900 rings on eBay. But it’s gonna cost you €230 for a full set of 26/36/46 M900

Or you can buy a full NOS M900 chainset 26/36/48 for €550

:cry: :cry: :cry:

scant":5v94vit3 said:
personally i'd go for something like this (I dont know the seller)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHimano-SG-C ... 6016.l4276
Ha, Ta Mike, I was just looking at those 10 minutes ago. Great condition those are. I’ve previously paid stupid money for an unmarked SG ring with mint sticker.

Not looking for any more though. Cheers.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks all! Managed to get those rings on ebay. Just need the chainring bolts, crank bolts, 8 sp cassette, chain, tyres and I can put the bike together!

Re:

OK so still not managed to sort this chainset out! I bought some bolts and the outer and middle look OK I think but the inner ring is clearly too close to the middle and needs some spacers. Anyone know where I can obtain some?

Many thanks,

Miles

Back