Manitou 4 Springs/elastomers dimensions

mat

Retro Newbie
Hi, the elastomers of my manitou 4 are mostly dead. :(
Since it is quite difficult to get new ones, I'm thinking about replacing them with springs like those that can be ordered from the US on ebay.

Does anyone knows the exact dimensions and characteristics of the springs I should use ?

I also saw that the rebound elastomers could be replaced by another spring. I would also like to know the characteristics of that spring.

If you have any other advice, feel free !
:p

After a bit of research, I noticed that there could be another option : englund total air cartridge. Anyone used it ? knows where to find it ?

Last, for those who have springs, is the damping (provided by the rebound elastomer, or another spring, I guess) is sufficient ?

Hi mate- springs alone. . . no. . .
the elastomers provide the damping and with a spring alone you have a pogo stick. I have NOS Answer NIP sets of elastomers, still nice and squashy.. I have sets for the comp fork (long elastomer) and sets for the 3/4/efc, in med and extra soft/ cold weather. £25 a set posted to the UK. PM me if interested ;)

Thanks for the offer, but I'd first like to try if I can get something better than the elastomers if possible (and 25£ is a bit expensive and I'm not even in the UK :( ).

What about spring + elastomers ? anyone here tried that solution ?

Back